The Sims User Guide, Lesson 12: There is an unfortunate Self-Doubt pandemic in SimsWorld (but here’s why that’s OK!)
- To get your Sims to understand that a nasty virus is running amok in SimsWorld, and they’re all infected
- Show your Sims how to use this virus to their advantage
Software requirements: The Sims, Self-Doubt Anti-Virus (SDAV)
Sad reality: Your Sims carry a virus called Self-Doubt.
We’re not sure where it came from, but it wasn’t our idea. Once it found its way into the OS, there was no way to remove it without damaging essential code. This virus causes your Sims to sabotage themselves. Just when you think they’re up to some really Cool Stuff, they quit.
Sometimes they even destroy their beautiful work with their own hands.
We’ve developed some software called Self-Doubt Anti-Virus (SDAV).
It will enable them to override this nasty virus. We recommend you install the latest version as soon as possible. SDAVwill enable your Sims to:
- Recognise when the virus is active and wreaking havoc
- Realize that Self-Doubt is always NEGATIVE
- Realize that Self-Doubt NEVER has your Sims’ best interests at heart
- Realize that Self-Doubt NEVER tells the truth
This last one is KEY, and incredibly useful.
Whenever Self-Doubt tells them something negative, a clever Sims will immediately realize: The opposite is the truth.
And really clever Sims will use it to propel themselves to even greater heights of achievement!
Keep Self-Doubt Anti-Virus up-to-date on your Sims. Run them daily, because Self-Doubt is constantly changing tactics.
“It is hard to fight an enemy with outposts in your head.” — Sally Kempton