Ship 30 for 30
5 Life-Shaking Discoveries You’ll Make inside Ship30, Write The Ship, and Twitter Spaces
In the last 3 incredible months, I’ve been in two Ship30 cohorts (starting my 3rd), one Write The Ship cohort, a dozen Twitter Spaces, and countless Zooms.
I don’t recall another quarter like it.
Here’s are just five things I’ve discovered in that time:
1. One word is all it takes, to change the atmosphere inside someone’s head.
Sometimes not even that. Delete something, or add an apostrophe. And meh, just went to, Oh wow!
What they’d have scrolled by, became Something They Can’t. Stop. Reading.
2. Present someone an opportunity to give, they’ll give.
People wanna help someone up.
I’ve been floored by the encouragement and generosity of spirit.
3. Ask someone to tell you their story, they’ll tell you.
People want to be heard.
They were just waiting to be asked.
4. There’s a HUGE appetite for Real Conversation with Real People.
People also want to hear.
And engage with head, heart and soul.
Had enough small talk.
5. There’s almost ZERO appetite for Talking Heads.
Haven’t read a single thing about Trump, Biden, Kanya West, or anyone else who loves the sound of their own voice.
Not that such tweets are wrong. I just haven’t come across one.
I suspect we’re all thinking: